- Understanding requirements of the module or project as whole to be undertaken for testing
- Define the scope and deadline for sign-off
- Take ownership and writing of test cases, create and maintain test case repository
- Maintain and update test cases according to new features and platforms
- Report defects to the development team or manager and driving them to closure.
- Develop test data necessary to execute test cases
- Responsible for installing, configuring and testing Hadoop ecosystem components.
- Writing and executing automation test code and scripts and integrating with automation framework for new and existing features.
- Specification and execution of performance and stability tests.
- Test status reporting, as part of product release.
- Defect Management
- Generation of bug reports and tracking.
- Supporting the development team by reproducing customer issues.
- Maintenance of test platforms to provide complete coverage of supported systems and configurations.
- Data validation using database queries
Skills & Experience
- A Strong understanding of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Must be well versed in software testing concepts such as black box testing, regression testing, End to End Testing, Alpha and Beta Testing
- Experience with testing of web based application
- Ability to debug the issue and find the root cause of the occurrence
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Experience with Agile Development Process
- Working experience in software development life cycle
- Knowledge and experience with Linux
- Experience working with SQL queries
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Work Efficiently in a Fast-Paced Environment
- Ability to Work Independently and in a Team-Based Environment
Good to have skills :
- Hands on experience with any Scripting Language Eg. Shell scripting, Python etc
- Components of Big Data like Hadoop Hive and Hadoop HDFS etc
- Experience with AWS
Other Skills :
- The ability to envision business situations
- A sense of intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Critical thought and rational enquiry
- The ability to apply basic and fundamental knowledge
- Strong time management, priority allocation and task management skills
- Willingness to Learn New Technologies
Previous Experience of 5+ yrs in similar role
Candidate should have a degree in computer science or IT or graduates from similar degree disciplines including relevant experience